Telepharmacy Practice in NC

• Telepharmacy Practice in NC

Posted by Jennifer Beach on May 9, 2023 at 7:28 pm

Hi. Do any NC pharmacists know if we are only licensed and registered in NC, are we limited in a tele pharmacy practice to only patients that live in NC? I have not been able to get that answer yet. Thank you in advance.

Justin Herbert replied 7 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • LIsa Miller

July 17, 2023 at 12:38 pm

Hi Jennifer,

You need to be licensed in the state the patient lives in. So, for example, I live in Florida but I am a licensed pharmacist in FL and NC. So I can see telehealth patients who live in Florida or NC.

Hope that helps!

Lisa

• Justin Herbert

September 9, 2023 at 7:37 am

Hi, I think I’ve read you have to be licensed in the state the patient is in at the time of the visit. This may only be some states. This information came from a Living Matrix practitioner education module (last watched in 2022). I want to say they were speaking of Texas or California but this may be the case in any state… I think tele-pharmacy is technically limited to the supervising of dispensing operations, is it not? I imagine it would also include any Standing Protocol clinical work but it is a state protocol and I don’t think we can do tele-health for OCs. Question for the board but I can’t think of any specifics within the scope of practice that might apply… all the tele-_______ I do is health education, consulting or coaching. Curious what others know or think..